Based on the organizational experiences, we can identify the following characteristics of competencies:
- Motives—The things a person consistently thinks about or wants and that which causes action. Motives ‘drive, direct, or select’ behaviour towards certain actions or goals.
- Traits—-Physical characteristics and consistent responses to situation or information.
- Self-concept—A person's attitudes, values, or self-image.
- Knowledge—Information a person has in specific content areas.
- Skill—The ability to perform a certain physical or mental task.
As explained earlier, knowledge and skill competencies tend to be visible and relatively ‘on the surface’ characteristics of people. Self-concept, trait, and motive competencies ...