In Personal Benchmark: Integrating Behavioral Finance and Investment Management, Chuck Widger and Dr. Daniel Crosby outline the ways in which a program of embedded behavioral finance, fueled by what matters most to you, can be your protection against irrational financial behavior. Along the way, you'll learn how to improve your investment experience, increase returns formerly sacrificed to misbehavior, and worry less about "The Economy" as you become increasingly focused on "My Economy."
Welcome to a new way of investing, a new paradigm for conceptualizing wealth, and a system of turning emotion from your portfolio's worst enemy into its best friend!
In this new model, risk is simply the likelihood that we will underperform our dreams. Irrationality is acting in ways that thwart our ability to reach those dreams. And the optimal portfolio is not the one that generates the highest return in abstraction, it is the one that helps us meet our goals without killing our nerves before we get there.
This book gives advisors the tools needed to effectively communicate the design and execution of the Personal Benchmark solution.
Table of contents
- Title Page
Part 1: Why Do We Need to Look at Investing Differently?
- Chapter 1: Freedom in the Market and Advisor Responsibility
- Chapter 2: Investor Emotions and Financial Decisions
- Chapter 3: Risk, This Time It's Personal
Part 2: What Is the Personal Benchmark Approach?
- Chapter 4: Brinker Capital's Multi-Asset Class Investment Philosophy
- Chapter 5: The Power of Buckets
- Chapter 6: Selection of an Active Investment Manager
Part 3: How Can We Execute a Purpose-Driven Investment Strategy?
- Chapter 7: Using a Goals-Based Approach
- Chapter 8: Pursuing Your Personal Benchmark
- Chapter 9: Providing an Easy-to-Understand Explanation
- Chapter 10: Leveraging a Scalable Offering for Investors and Advisors
- About the Authors
- About the Companion Website
- End User License Agreement
- Title: Personal Benchmark: Integrating Behavioral Finance and Investment Management
- Release date: October 2014
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118963326
You might also like
Investing Psychology: The Effects of Behavioral Finance on Investment Choice and Bias, + Website
Discover how to remove behavioral bias from your investment decisions For many financial professionals and individual …
The Art of Company Valuation and Financial Statement Analysis: A Value Investor's Guide with Real-life Case Studies
The Art of Company Valuation and Financial Statement Analysis: A value investor's guide with real-life case …
Behavioral Finance and Investor Types: Managing Behavior to Make Better Investment Decisions
Achieve investing success by understanding your behavior type This groundbreaking book shows how to invest wisely …
Modern Portfolio Theory and Investment Analysis, 9th Edition
Modern Portfolio Theory and Investment Analysis, 9th Edition examines the characteristics and analysis of individual securities, …