Mitigate the dangers posed by phishing activities, a common cybercrime carried out through email attacks. This book details tools and techniques to protect against phishing in various communication channels.
The aim of phishing is to fraudulently obtain sensitive credentials such as passwords, usernames, or social security numbers by impersonating a trustworthy entity in a digital communication.Phishing attacks have increased exponentially in recent years, and target all categories of web users, leading to huge financial losses to consumers and businesses. According to Verizon’s 2020 Data Breach Investigations Report (DBIR), 22% of all breaches in 2019 involved phishing. And 65% of organizations in the USA experience a successful phishing attack.
This book discusses the various forms of phishing attacks, the communications most often used to carry out attacks, the devices used in the attacks, and the methods used to protect individuals and organizations from phishing attacks.
What You Will Learn
- Understand various forms of phishing attacks, including deceptive, DNS-based, search engine, and contents injection phishing
- Know which communications are most commonly used, including email, SMS, voice, blog, wifi, and more
- Be familiar with phishing kits (what they are) and how security experts utilize them to improve user awareness
- Be aware of the techniques that attackers most commonly use to request information
- Master the best solutions (including educational, legal, technical) to protect against phishing attacks
Who This Book Is ForSecurity professionals who need to educate online users, especially those who deal with banks, online stores, payment systems, governments organizations, social networks and blogs, IT companies, telecommunications companies, and others. The secondary audience includes researchers working to develop novel strategies to fight against phishing activities and undergraduate and graduate instructors of cybersecurity.
Table of contents
- Front Matter
- 1. Introduction to Phishing
- 2. Types of Phishing
- 3. Communication Channels
- 4. What Does a Phishing URL Look Like?
- 5. Characteristics of Phishing Websites
- 6. Phishing Kits
- 7. Training Methods for Phishing Detection
- 8. Legal Solution: Phishing Is Prohibited Under a Number of Laws
- 9. Phishing Detection Based on Technology
- Back Matter
- Title: Phishing and Communication Channels: A Guide to Identifying and Mitigating Phishing Attacks
- Release date: December 2021
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781484277447
You might also like
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 3rd Edition
Through a recent series of breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
Digital Forensics and Incident Response - Third Edition
Build your organization's cyber defense system by effectively applying digital forensics, incident management, and investigation techniques …
Adversarial Tradecraft in Cybersecurity
Master cutting-edge techniques and countermeasures to protect your organization from live hackers. Learn how to harness …
Computer Security Fundamentals, 5th Edition
ONE-VOLUME INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTER SECURITY Clearly explains core concepts, terminology, challenges, technologies, and skills Covers today's …