Creating a simple REST server
There are several considerations when implementing a REST server. The answers to these three questions will then let you define your REST service:
- How is the raw request captured?
- What Application Programming Interface (API) do you want to publish?
- How do you plan to map HTTP verbs (for example,
DELETE) to API methods?
How to do it...
- We will implement our REST server by building onto the request and response classes defined in the previous recipe, Creating a simple REST client. Review the classes discussed in the previous recipe, including the following:
- We will also need to define a formal
Application\Web\Responseresponse class, ...