CHAPTER 4Advanced Features
We have already seen how class type hinting and access control give you more control over a class's interface. In this chapter, we will delve deeper into PHP's enhanced object-oriented support.
This chapter will cover
- Static methods and properties: Accessing data and functionality through classes rather than objects
- Abstract classes and interfaces: Separating design from implementation
- Error handling: Introducing exceptions
- Final classes and methods: Limiting inheritance
- Interceptor methods: Automating delegation
- Destructor methods: Cleaning up after your objects
- Cloning objects: Making object copies
- Resolving objects to strings: Creating a summary method
Static Methods and Properties
All the examples in the previous ...