CHAPTER 20Objects, Patterns, Practice
From object basics through design pattern principles, and on to tools and techniques, this book has has focused on a single objective: the successful PHP project.
In this chapter, I recap some of the topics I have covered and points made throughout the book:
- PHP and objects: How PHP continues to increase its support for object-oriented programming, and how to leverage these features.
- Objects and design: Summarizing some OO design principles.
- Patterns: What makes them cool.
- Pattern principles: A recap of the guiding object-oriented principles that underlie many patterns.
- The tools for the job: Revisiting the tools I have described, and checking out a few I haven't.
As you saw in Chapter 2, for a ...