Today you will learn:
- The difference between social media and social networking
- A brief history behind all the social media fuss
- Online versus offline networking
- How to use social media for business
- How to engage and build a network
When people start talking online, building relationships and meeting new people through people they know, the simplest form of online networking begins. Just like the old ‘word of mouth’, inviting your friends who then invite their friends' leads to an extensive networking circle. And with this came the social media explosion.
First, let's get the difference between social networking and social media clear.
Social networking is creating a web of connections between you and friends on sites ...