Today you will learn:
- How to write and optimise a press release
- Why you need an online newsroom
- How to distribute your news and pitch to the media
- The best ways to find and build media contacts
- What to do when you have the media's attention
As I mentioned yesterday, today we'll be taking your new-found PR knowledge and combining it with the latest PR tools, goodies and gadgets. Your PR toolkit consists of distribution techniques for ensuring your release lands under the right editor's nose. We'll also go over pitches, photo calls, media interviews, press kits and which media databases to use. But let's start with the first PR tool – a press release. This is a key tool in getting your story, PR angle or publicity event in front ...