4Building Change Management Skills
By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Effectively use the six key change management skills.
• Identify the reasons people resist change.
• Utilize strategies that overcome resistance to change.
• Influence others to gain support for change initiatives.
We have already identified many things you need to do to lead change successfully. Let’s take a look at some of the things we have discussed so far:
• Take a proactive approach to managing change.
• Understand the type of change plan.
• Diagnose the impact of the change.
• Implement the roles required for successful change.