Configuring Printer Preferences
Once you've added a new printer icon, you might want to make alterations and customizations to the printer setup. For example, you can do the following:
- Choose the default printer if you have more than one printer installed.
- Set job defaults pertaining to paper tray, two-sided printing, scaling, type of paper feed, halftone imaging, printer setup information (such as a PostScript “preamble”), and paper orientation.
- Check and possibly alter device-specific settings such as DPI (dots per inch), memory settings, and font substitution.
- Share the printer, and specify its share name so that other network users can use your printer.
- Declare a separator file, usually one page long, that prints between each print job with the ...