"The International Journal of Proof-of-Concept or Get The Fuck Out is a celebrated magazine of reverse engineering, retro-computing, and systems internals. This second collected volume holds all of the articles from releases nine to thirteen.
Learn how to patch the firmware of a handheld amateur radio, then emulate that radio's proprietary audio code under Linux. How to slow the Windows kernel when exploiting a race condition and how to make a PDF file that is also an Android app, an audio file, or a Gameboy speedrun. How to hack a Wacom pen table with voltage glitching, then hack it again by pure software to read RDID tags from its surface. How to disassemble every last byte of an Atari game and how to bypass every classic form of copy protection on Apple ][.
But above all else, beyond the nifty tricks and silly songs, this book exists to remind you what a clever engineer can build from a box of parts with a bit of free time. Not to show you what others have done, but to show you how they did it so that you can do the same."
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
9 Elegies of the Second Crypto War
- 9:1 Zen and the Art of PoC
- 9:2 From Newton to Turing by Manul Laphroaig
- 9:3 Globalstar Satellite Comms
- 9:4 Pool Spray Tips
- 9:5 2nd Underhanded Crypto
- 9:6 Cross-VM Side Channels
- 9:7 Antivirus Tumors
- 9:8 Brewing TCP/IPA
- 9:9 APRS and AX.25 Shenanigans
- 9:10 Galaksija
- 9:11 Root Rights are a Grrl’s Best Friend
- 9:12 What if you could listen to this PDF?
- 9:13 Oona’s Puzzle Corner
- 10 The Theater of Literate Disassembly
- 11 Welcoming Shores of the Great Unknown
12 Collecting Bottles of Broken Things
- 12:1 Lisez Moi!
- 12:2 Surviving the Computation Bomb
- 12:3 Z-Wave Carols
- 12:4 Comma Chameleon
- 12:5 A Crisis of Existential Import
- 12:6 Network Job Entries
- 12:7 Ирония Судьбы
- 12:8 UMPOwn: Ring 3 to Ring 0 in 3 Acts
- 12:9 A VIM Execution Engine
- 12:10 Doing Right by Neighbor O’Hara
- 12:11 Are Androids Polyglots?
- Charade des temps modernes
- 13 Stones from the Ivory Tower, Only as Ballast
- Useful Tables
- Title: PoC or GTFO, Volume 2
- Release date: August 2018
- Publisher(s): No Starch Press
- ISBN: 9781593279349
You might also like
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
In Penetration Testing, security researcher and trainer Georgia Weidman provides you with a survey of important …
Practical Binary Analysis
As malware increasingly obfuscates itself and applies anti-analysis techniques to thwart our analysis, we need more …
Python One-Liners will teach you how to read and write “one-liners”: concise statements of useful functionality …