A mythology has arisen in American business that being 'tough' and unreasonable are keys to extracting high productivity from employees. But profound demographic and cultural changes are suggesting just the opposite. This book explains how to achieve higher productivity through positive management and how to use PM in a variety of situations, including difficult and negative ones.
Table of contents
- Positive Management: Increasing Employee Productivity
- Chapter 1: Positive Management, Strategy, and Productivity
- Chapter 2: Rethinking Productivity
- Chapter 3: Why Does Negative Management Exist, and Can It Be Reduced?
- Chapter 4: The Emergence of Positive Management
- Chapter 5: Why Is Positive Management Needed?
- Chapter 6: Positive Management and Motivation
- Chapter 7: Positive Management and Organizational Culture
- Chapter 8: Straight Talk About Positive Management
- Chapter 9: Positive Management and the Day-to-Day Business of Managing
- Chapter 10: Creating a Positive Work Environment in Your Organization
- Chapter 11: Organizational Strategy and Positive Management
- Title: Positive Management
- Release date: May 2010
- Publisher(s): Business Expert Press
- ISBN: 9781606490532