In this chapter, you will learn how to secure PostgreSQL encryption through authentication, authorization, and auditing. You will also see how to encrypt connections over the wire and also at rest using SSL. We will also look at some extensions for performing auditing in PostgreSQL. By the end of this chapter, you should know how to audit your PostgreSQL server and make it highly secure.
The following recipes will be covered in this chapter:
- Securing client connections using the pg_hba.conf file
- Performing authorization using roles and privileges
- Setting up row-level security
- Configuring encryption of data over the wire using SSL
- Enabling certificate authentication using SSL
- Auditing PostgreSQL through logging ...