Chapter 3. Configuration
In this chapter, we will cover the following recipes:
- Reading The Fine Manual (RTFM)
- Planning a new database
- Changing parameters in your programs
- Finding the current configuration settings
- Which parameters are at nondefault settings?
- Updating the parameter file
- Setting parameters for particular groups of users
- The basic server configuration checklist
- Adding an external module to PostgreSQL
- Using an installed module
- Managing installed extensions
I get asked many questions about parameter settings in PostgreSQL. Everybody's busy and most people want a 5-minute tour of how things work. That's exactly what a Cookbook does, so we'll do our best.
Some people believe that there are some magical parameter settings that will improve ...