Barman, which stands for Backup And Recovery Manager, is a third-party tool developed by a company known as 2nd Quadrant and it serves as a complete backup management system for PostgreSQL.
Barman can be used to perform the following functions:
- It can be used to manage PostgreSQL server backups
- It can be used as a tool to perform and restore backup images for PostgreSQL databases
- It can be used to perform incremental and configure backup retention policies
The following are some of the prerequisites that are required before installing Barman:
- The system on which Barman needs to be installed must be either a Linux or a Unix system.
- The Python language version needs to either start with 2.6 or higher.
rsync command version ...