Learn from Today’s Most Successful Workforce Analytics
Transforming the immense potential of workforce analytics into reality isn’t easy. Pioneering practitioners have learned crucial lessons that can help you succeed. The Power of People shares their journeys—and their indispensable insights.
Drawing on incisive case studies and vignettes, three experts help you bring purpose and clarity to any workforce analytics project, with robust research design and analysis to get reliable insights. They reveal where to start, where to find stakeholder support, and how to earn “quick wins” to build upon.
You’ll learn how to sustain success through best-practice data management, technology usage, partnering, and skill building. Finally, you’ll discover how to earn even more value by establishing an analytical mindset throughout HR, and building two key skills: storytelling and visualization.
The Power of People will be invaluable to HR executives establishing or leading analytics functions; HR professionals planning analytics projects; and any business executive who wants more value from HR.
Table of Contents
- About This E-Book
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a glance
- Table of Contents
- Foreword by John Boudreau
- About the Authors
I Understanding the Fundamentals
- 1 Why Workforce Analytics?
- 2 What’s in a Name?
- 3 The Workforce Analytics Leader
- 4 Purposeful Analytics
- 5 Basics of Data Analysis
6 Case Studies
- Eight-Step Methodology
- Case Study Improving Careers Through Retention Analytics at Nielsen
- Case Study From Employee Engagement to Profitability at ISS Group
- Case Study Growing Sales Using Workforce Analytics at Rentokil Initial
- Case Study Increasing Value to the Taxpayer at the Metropolitan Police
- Case Study Predictive Analytics Improves Employee Well-Being at Westpac
II Getting Started
- 7 Set Your Direction
- 8 Engage with Stakeholders
- 9 Get a Quick Win
III Building Your Capability
- 10 Know Your Data
- 11 Know Your Technology
- 12 Build the Analytics Team
- 13 Partner for Skills
- 14 Establish an Operating Model
IV Establishing an Analytics Culture
- 15 Enable Analytical Thinking
- 16 Overcome Resistance
- 17 Communicate with Storytelling and Visualization
- 18 The Road Ahead
- Title: Power of People, The: Learn How Successful Organizations Use Workforce Analytics To Improve Business Performance, 1/e
- Release date: May 2017
- Publisher(s): Pearson FT Press
- ISBN: 9780134544564