Explore the concepts, patterns, and architecture behind AppRun applications. With this end-to-end guide, you will be able to build web apps fast to the market with the low learning curve and high development productivity.
You will learn how to break down the application logic into three decoupled parts: state, view, and update. You will then see how to connect web page events to the AppRun event life-cycle, route user interactions, access data from the remote servers, compose the user interface using components, and integrate 3rd party libraries.
Following examples of various apps, such as the counter app, to-do app, weather app, hacker news reader app, and blog app, you will have all the techniques for developing your AppRun apps including the line of business apps. You will also review wider development concepts such as using strongly typed states practically, unit testing strategies for app state changes, time travel debugging, async web API invocation, server-side virtual DOM, module compilation optimization, the developer tools, and more.
- Use AppRun to develop web apps end-to-end
- Understand the technology behind AppRun
- Evaluate and compare architecture design
- Develop applications using Elm architecture, event publication and subscription, and components.
Table of contents
- Front Matter
- 1. Getting Started
- 2. AppRun Development Environment
- 3. Model the State
- 4. View Patterns
- 5. Event Patterns
- 6. Asynchronous Events
- 7. Single-Page Applications
- 8. Third-Party Library Integration
- 9. Server-Side Rendering
- 10. A Real-World SPA
- 11. Unit Testing
- 12. AppRun DevTools
- Back Matter
- Title: Practical Application Development with AppRun: Building Reliable, High-Performance Web Apps Using Elm-Inspired Architecture, Event Pub-Sub, and Components
- Release date: January 2019
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781484240694
You might also like
Distributed Systems with Node.js
Node.js is used by many companies for building performant backend services without sacrificing developer efficiency. Thanks …
Codeless Data Structures and Algorithms : Learn DSA Without Writing a Single Line of Code
In the era of self-taught developers and programmers, essential topics in the industry are frequently learned …
TypeScript Quickly teaches you to exploit the benefits of types in browser-based and standalone applications. In …
Web Development with Node and Express, 2nd Edition