Only a couple of years ago, artificial intelligence was a cliché, a sad remnant of 1950s-style futurism. Today it’s sexy again, and that far-off future of intelligent bots is just around the corner. Consider the latest trend, AI-as-a-Service (AIaaS). Software vendors such as Google, IBM, and Amazon are rolling out sophisticated cloud-based AI and machine-learning services for a growing market of developers and users in business and academia.
Through interviews with consumers and executives of AIaaS vendors, author Mike Barlow examines the primary driver of this new approach: AI is simply too big for any single device or system. But with AIaaS, developers can build applications that perform data collection and compression on devices, while advanced processes such as natural language processing and machine learning are performed in the cloud.
When will consumers feel the impact? Fairly soon, you may be dealing with customer-service bots that know the answers before you even ask a question.
Download this report and explore how:
- AI is now a distributed phenomenon, with information passed back and forth between local devices and remote systems
- AIaaS vendors already support a diverse menu of APIs for AI developers.
- AI apps and interfaces will be designed and engineered increasingly for non-technical users
- Companies will routinely incorporate AI capabilities into new products and services
Table of contents
- 1. Practical Artificial Intelligence in the Cloud
- Title: Practical Artificial Intelligence in the Cloud
- Release date: November 2016
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491967393
You might also like
Artificial Intelligence in Practice
Cyber-solutions to real-world business problems Artificial Intelligence in Practice is a fascinating look into how companies …
AI for People and Business
If you’re an executive, manager, or anyone interested in leveraging AI within your organization, this is …
Deep Learning from Scratch
With the resurgence of neural networks in the 2010s, deep learning has become essential for machine …
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …