Let's understand how health checks can be configured on Route 53:
- Click on Health checks.
- Click on Create health check:
- Give a Name to the health check. Select an endpoint in the what to monitor section.
- Select the0;Specify endpoint by IP address.
- Provide the IP address of the EC2 instance that you want to monitor. Provide a port number as per your requirements:
- To get notifications when a health check fails, select Create alarm.
- Select New SNS topic in Send notification to.
- Provide a Topic name ...