A practical guide designed to get you from basics to current state of art in computer vision systems.
About This Book
- Master the different tasks associated with Computer Vision and develop your own Computer Vision applications with ease
- Leverage the power of Python, Tensorflow, Keras, and OpenCV to perform image processing, object detection, feature detection and more
- With real-world datasets and fully functional code, this book is your one-stop guide to understanding Computer Vision
Who This Book Is For
This book is for machine learning practitioners and deep learning enthusiasts who want to understand and implement various tasks associated with Computer Vision and image processing in the most practical manner possible. Some programming experience would be beneficial while knowing Python would be an added bonus.
What You Will Learn
- Learn the basics of image manipulation with OpenCV
- Implement and visualize image filters such as smoothing, dilation, histogram equalization, and more
- Set up various libraries and platforms, such as OpenCV, Keras, and Tensorflow, in order to start using computer vision, along with appropriate datasets for each chapter, such as MSCOCO, MOT, and Fashion-MNIST
- Understand image transformation and downsampling with practical implementations.
- Explore neural networks for computer vision and convolutional neural networks using Keras
- Understand working on deep-learning-based object detection such as Faster-R-CNN, SSD, and more
- Explore deep-learning-based object tracking in action
- Understand Visual SLAM techniques such as ORB-SLAM
In this book, you will find several recently proposed methods in various domains of computer vision. You will start by setting up the proper Python environment to work on practical applications. This includes setting up libraries such as OpenCV, TensorFlow, and Keras using Anaconda. Using these libraries, you'll start to understand the concepts of image transformation and filtering. You will find a detailed explanation of feature detectors such as FAST and ORB; you'll use them to find similar-looking objects.
With an introduction to convolutional neural nets, you will learn how to build a deep neural net using Keras and how to use it to classify the Fashion-MNIST dataset. With regard to object detection, you will learn the implementation of a simple face detector as well as the workings of complex deep-learning-based object detectors such as Faster R-CNN and SSD using TensorFlow. You'll get started with semantic segmentation using FCN models and track objects with Deep SORT. Not only this, you will also use Visual SLAM techniques such as ORB-SLAM on a standard dataset.
By the end of this book, you will have a firm understanding of the different computer vision techniques and how to apply them in your applications.
Style and approach
Step-by-step guide filled with real-world, practical examples for understanding and applying various Computer Vision techniques
Downloading the example code for this book You can download the example code files for all Packt books you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this book elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of contents
- A Fast Introduction to Computer Vision
Libraries, Development Platform, and Datasets
- Libraries and installation
Image Filtering and Transformations in OpenCV
- Datasets and libraries required
- Image manipulation
- Introduction to filters
- Transformation of an image
- Image pyramids
What is a Feature?
- Features use cases
- Harris Corner Detection
Convolutional Neural Networks
- Datasets and libraries used
- Introduction to neural networks
- Revisiting the convolution operation
- Convolutional Neural Networks
- CNN in practice
- Feature-Based Object Detection
- Segmentation and Tracking
- 3D Computer Vision
Mathematics for Computer Vision
- Datasets and libraries
- Hessian matrix
- Singular Value Decomposition
- Introduction to probability theory
- Machine Learning for Computer Vision
- Other Books You May Enjoy
- Title: Practical Computer Vision
- Release date: February 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788297684
You might also like
Neural Network Projects with Python
Build your Machine Learning portfolio by creating 6 cutting-edge Artificial Intelligence projects using neural networks in …
Python Machine Learning - Third Edition
Applied machine learning with a solid foundation in theory. Revised and expanded for TensorFlow 2, GANs, …
Learning OpenCV 4 Computer Vision with Python 3
Updated for OpenCV 4 and Python 3, this book covers the latest on depth cameras, 3D …
Mastering OpenCV 4 with Python
Create advanced applications with Python and OpenCV, exploring the potential of facial recognition, machine learning, deep …