Learn how to rapidly build your own ecommerce site by applying Django’s battle-tested components. This book demonstrates Django’s features and conventions to help you develop modern web applications quickly. You'll adopt a "learn by doing" approach and gain a deeper understanding Django by working through a project in which the real-time component will be critical.
The book starts with the basics and explains the difference between a Django project and a Django app, the most important settings, how to change them, and the fundamentals of packaging. You'll then be introduced to all the standard tools of Django, along with a sample project. The book then moves on to Channels, a recent addition to the Django ecosystem. It extends the framework with support for real-time operations such as Websockets and other asynchronous features.
Practical Django 2 and Channels 2 provides the practical concepts needed to create complex, database-driven websites as easily as possible.
- Build and deploy a simple company site with Django
- Develop more complex, data-heavy sites using the Django ORM
- Integrate Django with Channels
- Unit-test your solutions
Table of Contents
- Front Matter
- 1. Introduction to Django
- 2. Getting Started with a Simple Company Site
- 3. Adding the Product Catalog to the Site
- 4. A Checkout System for Receiving Orders Online
- 6. Using External Libraries in Our Project
- 7. Making an Internal Dashboard for the Company
- 8. Backend for a Mobile Customer-Service App
- 9. Mobile Customer-Service App
- 10. How to Deploy Django Sites
- Back Matter
- Title: Practical Django 2 and Channels 2: Building Projects and Applications with Real-Time Capabilities
- Release date: December 2018
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781484240991