After an introduction to Containers and Docker you'll be guided through Docker installation and configuration. You'll also learn basic functions and commands used in Docker by running a simple container using Docker commands.
The book then moves on to developing a Python based Messaging Bot using required libraries and virtual environment where you'll add Docker Volumes to your project, ensuring your container data is safe.
You'll create a database container and link your project to it and finally, bring up the Bot-associated database all at once with Docker Compose.
What You'll Learn
- Build, run, and distribute Docker containers
- Develop a Python App and containerize it
- Use Dockerfile to run the Python App
- Define and run multi-container applications with Docker Compose
- Work with persisting data generated by and used by Docker containers
Who This Book Is For
Intermediate developers/DevOps practitioners who are looking to improve their build and release workflow by containerizing applications