HTML has a syntax similar to XML and SLD. The basic principles are the same; we use opening and closing tags, tag attributes, and content. The content can be plain text or other HTML elements. There are only a few elements that we will use to create our web map:
- <html>: The root element of every HTML document grouping the whole content.
- <head>: The group of important elements that are not visualized but alter the default behavior of the web page in some way.
- <body>: The group of visual elements rendered by the web client.
- <title>: The title of the page. It goes inside the <head> element.
- <meta>: The various kinds of metadata of the web page. Very useful to explicitly set the character encoding of the web page.
- <link>: A ...