Take your basic Groovy skills to the next level with this practical video workshop. Presenter and Java consultant Ken Kousen shows you how to work with XML and JSON, implement runtime metaprogramming, and use several AST transformations. You’ll also dive into operator overloading, Groovy SQL, and the Groovy JDK.
Once you complete this course, check out Ken’s other videos on the subject: Mastering Groovy and Groovy Fundamentals. These courses demonstrate the many advantages of adding Groovy to existing projects written in Java and other object-oriented languages.
- Create XML and JSON with builders, and parse them with XmlSlurper and JsonSlurper
- Mix Groovy and Java classes together to take advantage of what each does best
- Add properties and methods via runtime metaprogramming, and enhance existing classes from Java
- Work with AST transformations, including @Delegate, @Immutable, @Sortable, @Singleton, and @Builder
- Use Groovy JDK methods on collections, strings, and numbers
- Learn how operators in Groovy map to methods—and how to add those methods to existing classes in both Groovy and Java
- Access databases, apply CRUD operations, and call stored procedures with Groovy SQL
Ken Kousen, President of Kousen IT, Inc., is a technical trainer, mentor, and consultant in all areas related to Java, specializing in Android, Spring, Hibernate/JPA, Groovy, and Grails. He is the author of Making Java Groovy (Manning) and the upcoming O’Reilly book, Gradle for Android.
Table of contents
Introduction and Review
- A Quick Groovy Review 00:24:05
- Java and Groovy Together
- Parsing and Building
- Runtime Metaprogramming
- AST Transformations
- Tour of the Groovy JDK
- Operator Overloading
- Groovy SQL
- Title: Practical Groovy Programming
- Release date: June 2015
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491930908
You might also like
Expanded Edition (August 2018) Updated with Design Patterns episodes from the Clean Code series from Clean …
Core Java 11 Fundamentals, Second Edition
10 Hours of Video Instruction Overview Core Java® has long been recognized as the leading, no-nonsense …
Algorithms: 24-part Lecture Series
Algorithms, Deluxe Edition, Fourth Edition These Algorithms Video Lectures cover the essential information that every serious …
Building Microservices with Spring Boot, Second Edition
7+ Hours of Video Instruction The term “microservices” has gained significant traction over the last few …