Master the Java EE 8 and JSF (JavaServer Faces) APIs and web framework with this practical, projects-driven guide to web development. This book combines theoretical background with a practical approach by building four real-world applications. By developing these JSF web applications, you'll take a tour through the other Java EE technologies such as JPA, CDI, Security, WebSockets, and more.
In Practical JSF in Java EE 8, you will learn to use the JavaServer Faces web framework in Java EE 8 to easily construct a web-based user interface from a set of reusable components. Next, you add JSF event handling and then link to a database, persist data, and add security and the other bells and whistles that the Java EE 8 platform has to offer.
After reading this book you will have a good foundation in Java-based web development and will have increased your proficiency in sophisticated Java EE 8 web development using the JSF framework.
What You Will Learn
- Use the Java EE 8 and the JavaServer Faces APIs to build Java-based web applications through four practical real-world case studies
- Process user input with JSF and the expression language by building a calculator application
- Persist data using JSF templating and Java Persistence to manage an inventory of books
- Create and manage an alumni database using JSF, Ajax, web services and Java EE 8's security features.
Who This Book Is For
Those new to Java EE 8 and JSF. Some prior experience with Java is recommended.
Table of contents
- 1. TinyCalculator
- 9. Preparing for Java EE 8
- 10. Introducing the Books Application
- 11. Starting the Books App
- 12. Java Persistence API
- 13. JSF Templating
- 14. Going International
- 15. Bean Validation
- 16. Contexts and Dependency Injection
- 17. Conversation Scope
- 18. Links
- 19. Responsive Design
- 20. Summary and Perspective
- 3. Intermezzo
- 4. Alumni
- Title: Practical JSF in Java EE 8 : Web Applications in Java for the Enterprise
- Release date: May 2018
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781484230305
You might also like
Architecting Modern Java EE Applications
Find out how to craft effective, business-oriented Java EE 8 applications that target customer's demands in …
Learning Java, 5th Edition
If you’re new to Java—or new to programming—this best-selling book will guide you through the language …
Java EE 8 Development with Eclipse
Develop and deploy fully functional applications and microservices utilising Tomcat, Glassfish servers, Cloud and docker in …
Fundamentals of Software Architecture
Salary surveys worldwide regularly place software architect in the top 10 best jobs, yet no real …