Introducing Spring LDAP
In this chapter, we will discuss
- The basics of Spring LDAP.
- Downloading and setting up Spring LDAP.
- Setting up the STS development environment.
- Setting up a test LDAP server.
- Creating a Hello World application.
Spring LDAP provides simple, clean and comprehensive support for LDAP programming in Java. This project originally started out on Sourceforge in 2006 under the name LdapTemplate with the intention of simplifying access to LDAP using JNDI. The project later became part of the Spring Framework portfolio and has since come a long way. Figure 3-1 depicts the architecture of a Spring LDAP-based application. ...