RELATIONSHIPS, INTEGRATION, AND CONTEXT
A WBS alone cannot ensure project success, but consider that the WBS does the following:
- Defines all the work of the project, and only the work of the project, thereby clarifying the project scope of work
- Reflects the input from all team members to ensure buy-in
- Provides the baseline for subsequent change control
- Is a primary input to other project management processes—for example, resource planning, cost estimating, schedule development, and risk identification
- Provides the framework for project control, performance monitoring, and the foundation for communication with all stakeholders
- Ensures the work of the project correlates appropriately with the organizational breakdown structure ...