THE ELEMENTS OF FRONT-END WORK
In building the foundation for working together on change, certain issues have to be addressed and certain agreements have to be made. Much of this material comes from classic works that have stood the test of time. Few have written new material on the essence of front-end work. The issues and agreements can be organized into the following seven outcomes that have to be realized at the outset as well as at other key junctures during the engagement:
1. Identifying the client(s) and sponsor(s);
2. Becoming oriented to the client’s world;
3. Establishing the consultant’s competence and credibility;
4. Developing an open, trusting, and aligned relationship;
5. Completing a preliminary diagnostic scan;
6. Contracting ...
Get Practicing Organization Development: A Guide for Leading Change: A Third Edition now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.