Although this book covers conceptual knowledge required for those interested in becoming a hands-on user, it is not a “how-to.” The next step for a would-be practitioner is to engage with reading and training options that guide getting started hands-on. Below are resources that cover the technical how-to as well as the more advanced underlying theory and math.
- The Predictive Analytics Guide—articles, industry portals, and other resources: www.pawcon.com/guide
- The Predictive Analytics Times—industry news, technical articles, videos, events, and community: www.predictiveanalyticstimes.com
- This book's website—videos, articles, and other resources: www.thepredictionbook.com
- Dean Abbott, Applied Predictive Analytics: Principle and Techniques for the Professional Data Analyst (Wiley, 2014).
- John W. Foreman, Data Smart: Using Data Science to Transform Information into Insight (Wiley, 2013).
- Gordon S. Linoff and Michael J. A. Berry, Data Mining Techniques: For Marketing, Sales, and Customer Relationship Management (Wiley, 2011).
- Anasse Bari, Mohamed Chaouchi, and Tommy Jung, Predictive Analytics For Dummies (For Dummies, a Wiley Brand, 2014).
- Jeffrey Strickland, Predictive Modeling and Analytics (lulu.com, 2014).
- Vijay Kotu and Bala Deshpande, ...