Prediction People—Cast of “Characters”
Eric Siegel, PhD—this book’s author
- President of Prediction Impact, Inc. (business-speak for an independent consultant).
- Founder, Predictive Analytics World.
- Executive Editor of the Predictive Analytics Times.
- Former computer science professor at Columbia University.
John Elder, PhD
Invested his entire life savings into his own predictive stock market trading system (see Chapter 1).
- CEO and Founder, Elder Research, Inc.
- Founding Chair, Predictive Analytics World for Government.
- Coauthor, Handbook of Statistical Analysis and Data Mining Applications.
- Adjunct professor at the University of Virginia.
Gitali Halder and Anindya Dey
Led a staff retention project that earmarks each of Hewlett-Packard’s almost 350,000 worldwide employees according to “Flight Risk,” the expected chance they will quit their jobs (see Chapter 2).
- Analytics practitioners at Hewlett-Packard.
- Backgrounds in statistics and economics.
Led a marketing project at Target that predicts customer pregnancy (see Chapter 2).
- Analytics Manager at Target.
- Previously a lead consumer analyst at Hallmark Cards.
- Master’s degrees in statistics and economics.
- View his original newsbreaking presentation on pregnancy prediction: www.pawcon.com/Target.
Eric Gilbert, PhD, and Karrie Karahalios, PhD
Measured the mass emotions of the public and related them to economic movements (see Chapter 3).
- Scientists at the University of Illinois (Gilbert is now at Georgia ...