In the previous chapter, we discussed the Glance image service and the Glance-related objectives of the Certified OpenStack Administrator exam. But what use is an image if we can't boot it? That's where Nova comes in! Nova is the OpenStack compute service and it is the core of the OpenStack cloud. It is designed to manage and automate pools of compute resources and work with a variety of existing virtualization technologies.
In this chapter, we will cover the following topics:
- Nova architecture
- Hypervisor types
- Exam objective - managing keypairs
- Exam objective - managing flavors
- Exam objective - launching instances
- Exam objective - accessing instances
- Exam objective - snapshotting instances
- Exam objective - managing ...