As you can see, the limitations to bundling that we might envision,
be they regulatory, buyer price sensitivity, or competitors’ offerings, really
only exist in our own minds. As you gain more experience in bundling
your offerings, of adding icing to both your and your customers’ cakes,
you’ll enjoy greater revenues and proﬁts. The key questions to ask, then,
in establishing an effective bundle are:
1. What are some of the challenges these buyers face?
2. Can bundling help them overcome these challenges?
3. What could I bundle together to make life easier for my cus-
4. What beneﬁts would they gain from these bundles?
5. What beneﬁts would I gain from these bundles?
6. What script(s) would I use to communicate these beneﬁts to my
Now that you know how to bundle offerings, let’s ﬁnd out how to get
them to buy those offerings. That’s the goal of Chapter 6.
1. Bundling helps you:
• Sweeten the deal for your customers
• Increase your average ticket price
• Increase your employees’ productivity
• Reduce your risks
2. Bundles target the same value propositions we’ve discussed in
• Time savings
3. When bundling, we take the three value propositions listed
in number two above and explode back out to the nine value
Icing on the Cake: Bundling for Greater Proﬁts 131
Using these nine valuable attributes in our sales scripts allows
us to help customers see value in our existing offerings that they,
and we, often overlook. This helps us avoid continuously adding
new features and costs to our offerings.
4. Bundling is available for any offering in any industry or profes-
5. The key questions to ask in establishing an effective bundle are:
• What are some of the challenges these buyers face?
• Can bundling help them overcome these challenges?
• What could I bundle together to make life easier for my cus-
• What beneﬁts would they gain from these bundles?
• What beneﬁts would I gain from these bundles?
• What script(s) would I use to communicate these beneﬁts to
132 Pricing for Proﬁt
• Knowledgeable sales people