Introduction to Management
After going through this chapter, you will be able to understand:
- the concept and process of management
- the various functions of management
- the characteristic features of management and its different dimensions
- the importance of management in studying organizational structures and systems
- modern management thoughts
‘Carrying other peoples’ monkeys’ is a typical syndrome of managers globally. Despite clear job descriptions and adequate briefing about their job roles, managers often find themselves doing the jobs of their subordinates to meet deadlines. Often, it may not be because the subordinates are incapable of doing their jobs. Rather, it is that the managers cannot repose their trust ...