Develop Android apps with Kotlin to create more elegant programs than the Java equivalent. This book covers the various aspects of a modern Android app that professionals are expected to encounter. There are chapters dealing with all the important aspects of the Android platform, including GUI design, file- and data-handling, coping with phone calls, multimedia apps, interaction with location and mapping services, monetizing apps, and much more.
Pro Android with Kotlin is an invaluable source for developers wanting to build real-world state-of-the-art apps for modern Android devices.
What You Will Learn
- Integrate activities, such as intents, services, toasts and more, into your Android apps
- Build UIs in Android using layouts, widgets, lists, menus, and action bars
- Deal with data in your Android apps using data persistence and cloud access
- Design for different Android devices
- Create multimedia apps in Android
- Secure, deploy, and monetize your Android apps
Professional Android app developers.
Table of contents
- Title: Pro Android with Kotlin: Developing Modern Mobile Apps
- Release date: September 2018
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781484238202
You might also like
Kotlin for Android App Development
Write More Robust and Maintainable Android Apps with Kotlin “Peter Sommerhoff takes a practical approach to …
Android Studio 4.0 Development Essentials - Kotlin Edition
Upgrade your Android Studio skills and confidently create, test, and upload Android applications using Kotlin Key …
Learn Kotlin for Android Development: The Next Generation Language for Modern Android Apps Programming
Build Android apps and learn the essentials of the popular Kotlin programming language and APIs. This …
Android Studio 4.1 Development Essentials – Kotlin Edition
Acquire the skills necessary to develop Android apps using the Android Studio integrated development environment and …