Book DescriptionAny IT professional can tell you that managing security is a top priority and even more so when working in the cloud. Access to accurate and timely security information is critical, but governance and control must first be enabled. This guide shows you how to take advantage of Azure's vast and powerful built-in security tools and capabilities for your application workloads.
Pro Azure Governance and Security offers a comprehensive look at the governance features available with Microsoft Azure and demonstrates how to integrate them with your hybrid and Azure environments, drawing on the author's experiences from years in the field. Learn about the array of controls implemented within Microsoft Azure from two valuable perspectives: the customer and Microsoft operations.
Beginning with the top-level subscription hierarchy, learn about the most important built-in Azure security services and features, as well as how to use Azure Policies and Blueprints as a means for security and governance. A series of hands-on exercises teaches you the concepts of Azure Governance: how to enable and deploy Azure Security Center, integrate RBAC (role-based access control), and set up Azure Operations and Monitoring. Get introduced to the new Azure Sentinel solution that offers SIEM as a service for security incident management and proactive hunting.
- Understand different architectural designs for implementing Azure Security
- Operate and monitor an Azure environment
- Deploy Azure Governance, Policies, and Blueprints
- Discover key Azure features that enhance security
- Implement and confidently access Azure Security Center
- Get to know Azure Sentinel
Who This Book Is For
Technical engineers, consultants, solution and cloud architects, IT managers, and SecOps teams who need to understand how to integrate governance, security, and compliance in hybrid and Azure environments. A basic understanding of Azure or other public cloud platforms is beneficial, but not required.
Table of Contents
- Front Matter
- 1. Introduction to Governance in the Cloud
- 2. Azure Scaffold for Enterprise Subscriptions
- 3. Azure Naming Conventions and Standards
- 4. Azure Policy Implementation and Management
- 5. Azure Security Center
- 6. Optimizing IT Operations Using Azure Monitor and Log Analytics
- 7. Introduction to Azure Governance at Scale for the Enterprise
- 8. Azure Sentinel (Preview)
- Back Matter
- Title: Pro Azure Governance and Security: A Comprehensive Guide to Azure Policy, Blueprints, Security Center, and Sentinel
- Release date: June 2019
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781484249109