CHAPTER 11Spacing Content
This chapter discusses design patterns that put horizontal and vertical space around inline elements, which may contain text, images, objects, controls, and so on. This chapter contains the following design patterns:
- Spacing shows how to space text and content. It simply groups together the many properties built into CSS that put space around and between blocks, text, and content.
- Blocked shows how to render an inline element as a block element. This is a very important design pattern that is often combined with other patterns.
- Nowrap shows how to prevent the browser from wrapping text across lines.
- Preserved shows how to render whitespace in a document instead of collapsing it.
- Code shows how to mark up computer code, ...