Tables are one of the most useful and complex structures in HTML. This is the first of two chapters on tables. This chapter explores the HTML structure of tables and how you can style them. The next chapter explores the many ways you can automatically lay out columns in tables. The purpose of tables is to identify and style tabular data.
- Table shows how to create and style the fundamental structure of a table.
- Row and Column Groups shows how to create and style row headers, row footers, row groups, column groups, and columns.
- Table Selectors shows how to select cells from columns, rows, and row groups.
- Separated Borders shows how to separate table borders from cell borders.
- Collapsed Borders shows how to combine ...