CHAPTER 4InfoPath Views
Remembering that InfoPath form data is all about the underlying XML, one has to ask the question, "If the form is just a view on the data, can I have different views?"
The answer is "Yes! How perceptive of you!"
InfoPath offers forms designers to build different views on the same data using the same easy designer covered in Chapter 3. You can use views to provide a number of features to your form:
- Various views on data for various purposes (e.g., a header view for one group and a detail view for another)
- Functionality for paging through longer forms
- Multipurpose forms with the same underlying schema
- The option of alternate functionality on a form (e.g., a search form)
- Views on forms by user role
- Print views for printing ...