Benchmark Your Apps with Tools: Simulators and Real Device Test
In this chapter, you will learn about the following:
- The differences between a simulator and real device test environment.
- How memory management affects the performance of an app.
- Tools and techniques to benchmark your app's performance including the following:
- Basic tools to measure the memory and performance.
- Complicated tools to measure different aspects of memory management such as memory leaks and bad access.
- Complicated tools to measure different aspects of performance in computer processing such as battery, file loading, and display information.
- How to divide your program into smaller parts to easily identify the location of the performance bottleneck.
To improve ...