With Pro iOS Web Design and Development, you'll design websites and develop web applications for iPhone and iPad using web standards deployed with Apple's Safari browser.
In addition, you'll learn how to address the specific features made available through Apple's iOS, especially with regard to designing Web-based touch-screen interfaces.
Pro iOS Web Design and Development will help you deliver rich mobile user experiences without compromise by optimizing your sites for WebKit and Safari, the de facto standard for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
What you'll learn
Design an optimal website for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Use web standards to develop professional sites on Apple's key platforms and see why this is important for Web developers and designers.
Take advantage of Apple's multi-touch screen technology in your Web apps, maximizing user experience and accessibility.
Carry out usability testing for mobile websites and Web apps.
Define an agile project flow optimized for mobile development.
Use a cognitive approach to UI design using the laws of perception, color psychology theory, and the concepts behind positive and negative space.
Who this book is for
Web designers who are interested in mobile Web design and/or mobile Web development; desktop developers who are interested in mobile Web application development; or any Web professional who wants to learn how to design and develop for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Table of contents
- Contents at a Glance
- About the Author
- About the Technical Reviewer
- Chapter 1: Think Mobile Touch
- Chapter 2: Agile Project Building for iOS Devices
- Chapter 3: Web Development for iOS Devices
- Chapter 4: User Interface Design for iOS Devices
- Chapter 5: iPhone UI Design: Think Simple
- Chapter 6: iPad UI Design: Think Inverted
- Chapter 7: Web Standards for WebKit: Maximizing Mobile Safari
Chapter 8: Native iOS Environment Development
- Setting up the Environment
- Defining Viewport
- Full-Screen Mode Application
- Adding the Springboard Icon
- Application Startup Image
- Application Redirecting
- Setting up the Head Section
- Native Link Emulation
- Native Text Emulation
- Native Element Emulation
- Native Scrolling Emulation
- Native iOS Service Interaction
- Touch Events and Gesture Interactions
- Expand a Framework for iOS
- Resources for Coding
- Chapter 9: Native iOS Design Implementation
- Chapter 10: Optimizing iOS WebApps
- Chapter 11: Testing iOS WebApps
- Chapter 12: Maximizing the Market for iOS WebApps
- Chapter 13: Looking Beyond the Mobile Web to Ubiquitous Computing
- Release date: December 2011
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781430232469
You might also like
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
Fundamentals of Software Architecture
Salary surveys worldwide regularly place software architect in the top 10 best jobs, yet no real …
Progressive Web Apps with React
Enhance the performance of your applications by using React and adding the Progressive web app capability …
The React Workshop
Work through engaging exercises and activities and gain practical skills to make your web applications function …