“The Java™ landscape is littered with libraries, tools, and specifications. What’s been lacking is the expertise to fuse them into solutions to real–world problems. These patterns are the intellectual mortar for J2EE software construction.” —John Vlissides, coauthor of Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object–Oriented Software
Pro Java™ EE Spring Patterns focuses on enterprise patterns, best practices, design strategies, and proven solutions using key Java EE technologies including JavaServer Pages™, Servlets, Enterprise JavaBeans™, and Java Message Service APIs.
This Java EE patterns resource, catalog, and guide, with its patterns and numerous strategies, documents and promotes best practices for these technologies, implemented in a very pragmatic way using the Spring Framework and its counters. This title
Introduces Java EE application design and Spring framework fundamentals
Describes a catalog of patterns used across the three tiers of a typical Java EE application
Provides implementation details and analyses each pattern with benefits and concerns
Describes the application of these patterns in a practical application scenario
What you'll learn
Get an introduction to enterprise Java/Java EE application design patterns.
Simplify enterprise Java design using the popular Spring framework.
Examine presentation, business, web, and integration tier design patterns and best practices, including cross–cutting design patterns, aspect-oriented programming, etc.
See how the enhanced and up–to–date pattern catalog compares to core J2EE design blueprints.
Learn how to use comprehensive source code and configuration information.
Develop order management system requirements for the first in–depth enterprise application case study.
Design your order management system application using the final case study
Who this book is for
This book is for Java EE application architects, designers, and developers using or planning to use the Spring Framework.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Contents at a Glance
- About the Author
- About the Technical Reviewer
- CHAPTER 1: Introducing Enterprise Java Application Architecture and Design
- CHAPTER 2: Simplifying Enterprise Java Applications with the Spring Framework
- CHAPTER 3: Exploring Presentation Tier Design Patterns
- CHAPTER 4: Exploring Business Tier Design Patterns
- CHAPTER 5: Exploring Integration Tier Design Patterns
- CHAPTER 6: Exploring Crosscutting Design Patterns
- CHAPTER 7: Case Study: Building an Order Management System
- Title: Pro Java™ EE Spring Patterns: Best Practices and Design Strategies Implementing Java™ EE Patterns with the Spring Framework
- Release date: August 2008
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781430210092