You need to build an app, and you need it to run everywhere. And you need it now! jQuery Mobile gives you the ability to write once and run everywhere using jQuery and jQuery UI. Pro jQuery Mobile will teach you how to create themable, responsive, native-looking applications for iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, and more.
Discover what sets jQuery Mobile apart from other mobile web development platforms
Walk through practical examples of jQuery Mobile features, including design elements and event handling
Dig into the jQuery API, integrate web services, and learn how to publish to app stores with Phone Gap
jQuery Mobile is a framework for delivering cross-platform mobile web applications with a unified interface. jQuery Mobile combines responsive layouts with progressive enhancement to render the best possible user experience from a single code base. With Pro jQuery Mobile, you'll be creating amazing mobile apps in no time.
What you'll learn
Unique features of jQuery Mobile
jQuery Mobile core features, including page structure, navigation, and form elements
The entire jQuery Mobile API, including data attributes, methods, and events
How to apply jQuery Mobile to specific cases, including iOS and Android apps
How to publish your apps to app stores via PhoneGap
Integrating web services and Google Maps into your jQuery Mobile apps
Who this book is for
Mobile developers who want to master jQuery Mobile and build cross-platform mobile web applications from a single code base.
Table of Contents
- Contents at a Glance
- About the Author
- About the Technical Reviewer
- Chapter 1: Why jQuery Mobile?
- Chapter 2: Getting Started with jQuery Mobile
- Chapter 3: Navigating with Headers, Toolbars, and Tab Bars
- Chapter 4: Form Elements and Buttons
- Chapter 5: List Views
- Chapter 6: Formatting Content with Grids and CSS Gradients
- Chapter 7: Creating Themable Designs
- Chapter 8: jQuery Mobile API
- Chapter 9: Service Integration Strategies
- Chapter 10: Easy Deployment with PhoneGap
- Title: Pro jQuery Mobile
- Release date: December 2011
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781430239666