This chapter focuses on learning your way around a Windows Phone 8 application project, including:
- How to create a basic “hello world” Windows Phone 8 project.
- How to navigate the Visual Studio solution, particularly the location and purpose of key files.
- How to run the application in Visual Studio.
- Running your application in the emulator.
- Running your application on your phone device.
Creating a Windows Phone 8 Project
To create Windows Phone 8 projects, select File New Project from the Visual Studio menu and choose ...