Microsoft's Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) provides you with a development framework for building high-quality user experiences for the Windows operating system. It blends together rich content from a wide range of sources and allows you unparalleled access to the processing power of your Windows computer.
Pro WPF 4.5 in VB provides a thorough, authoritative guide to how WPF really works. Packed with no-nonsense examples and practical advice you'll learn everything you need to know in order to use WPF in a professional setting. The book begins by building a firm foundation of elementary concepts, using your existing VB skills as a frame of reference, before moving on to discuss advanced concepts and demonstrate them in a hands-on way that emphasizes the time and effort savings that can be gained.
What you'll learn
Understand the fundamentals of WPF programming from XAML to controls and data flow.
Develop realistic application scenarios to see navigation, localization and deployment in action.
Explore the advanced user interface controls that WPF provides.
Learn to manage documents from within WPF: Text layout, printing, and document packaging are all covered.
Use graphics and multimedia to add punch to your applications.
Who this book is for
This book is designed for developers encountering WPF for the first time in their professional lives. A working knowledge of Visual Basic and the basic architecture of .NET is helpful to follow the examples easily, but all concepts will be explained from the ground up.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Contents at a Glance
- About the Author
- About the Technical Reviewers
Part 1: Fundamentals
- Chapter 1: Introducing WPF
- Chapter 2: XAML
- Chapter 3: Layout
- Chapter 4: Dependency Properties
- Chapter 5: Routed Events
Part 2: Deeper into WPF
- Chapter 6: Controls
- Chapter 7: The Application
- Chapter 8: Element Binding
- Chapter 9: Commands
- Chapter 10: Resources
- Chapter 11: Styles and Behaviors
Part 3: Drawing
- Chapter 12: Shapes, Brushes, and Transforms
- Chapter 13: Geometries and Drawings
- Chapter 14: Effects and Visuals
- Chapter 15: Animation Basics
- Chapter 16: Advanced Animation
Part 4: Templates and Custom Elements
- Chapter 17: Control Templates
- Chapter 18: Custom Elements
Part 5: Data
- Chapter 19: Data Binding
- Chapter 20: Formatting Bound Data
- Chapter 21: Data Views
- Chapter 22: Lists, Trees, and Grids
Part 6: Windows, Pages, and Rich Controls
- Chapter 23: Windows
- Chapter 24: Pages and Navigation
- Chapter 25: Menus, Toolbars, and Ribbons
- Chapter 26: Sound and Video
- Chapter 27: 3-D Drawing
- Part 7: Documents and Printing
Part 8: Additional Topics
- Chapter 30: Interacting with Windows Forms
- Chapter 31: Multithreading
- Chapter 32: The Add-in Model
- Chapter 33: ClickOnce Deployment
- Title: Pro WPF 4.5 in VB: Windows Presentation Foundation in .NET 4.5
- Release date: November 2012
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781430246831