This was a hard script to rehearse because it’s basically all action with very, very little back-and-forth dialogue.
Working on Scenes
One of the director’s primary responsibilities is to assist the actor in discovering and playing his role. The director accomplishes this through script, character analysis, and staging. Once casting has been completed, the character development process begins with rehearsals.
During the rehearsal period, the following takes place:
• The director gets to know the actor.
• The actors bond with each other.
• The director and the actor develop a mutual trust.
• A character research method is devised.
• Scenes are shaped, beats are discovered, and business is created.