Book DescriptionThis is a must-have guide both for aspiring students and for established professionals who need to keep up to speed with the current impact of recent digital developments.
In this highly visual, full colour text Michael Harris shares his professional secrets and demonstrates how to achieve top quality architectural images. Brief histories of both architecture and architectural photography lay the foundations for the technical applications that follow. This third edition provides increased coverage of the revolution in digital photography, which is forcing all photographers to review their practices. The pros and cons of these developments are assessed through a comparison of the film and digital mediums and the highly debated variances in their quality and cost.
Michael Harris is a freelance photographer specializing in architectural and interior photography. His work covers a wide spectrum from industrial and commercial, to residential photography. He is author of 'Professional Interior Photography', also published by Focal Press.
Table of Contents
- Front Cover
- Half Title
- Title Page
- 1 OBJECTIVES: INTERPRETATION AND CREATION
- 2 RECORDING MEDIUMS: FILM AND DIGITAL
- 3 SPECIALIST HARDWARE FOR IMAGE CAPTURE
- 4 UNDERSTANDING LIGHT, NATURAL AND PHOTOGRAPHIC
- 5 FILTERS FOR LIGHT MODIFICATION
- 6 COMPOSING THE IMAGE
- 7 TECHNIQUE IN PRACTICE
- 8 CREATIVE TECHNIQUES
- 9 SOLUTIONS TO PROBLEM EXTERIORS
- 10 FROM IMAGE CAPTURE TO PUBLICATION
- APPENDIX 1: ‘SUN FINDER’ CHARTS
- APPENDIX 2: GLOSSARY OF ARCHITECTURAL TERMINOLOGY
- Title: Professional Architectural Photography, 3rd Edition
- Release date: November 2001
- Publisher(s): Focal Press
- ISBN: 9780240516721