Professional C Programming LiveLessons, Part I: Writing Robust,
Secure, and Reliable Codeby Robert C. Seacord provides an in depth explanation of how to
use common C language features to produce robust, secure, and
reliable code. The video is designed for developers who have
completed an introductory course in C language programming. In six
lessons, Professional C Programming, Part I shows developers how to
perform common C language programming tasks correctly while
avoiding programming errors that are not always detected or
reported by the compiler.
About the Author:
Robert C. Seacordis a computer security specialist and writer. He is the author of The CERT C Secure Coding Standard and Secure Coding in C and C++as well as other books on computer security, legacy system modernization, and component-based software engineering. He has a Bachelor in computer science from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
Robert C. Seacord leads the Secure Coding Initiative at CERT, located in Carnegie Mellon University’s Software Engineering Institute (SEI) in Pittsburgh, PA. Seacord is an adjunct professor in both the School of Computer Science and the Information Networking Institute at Carnegie Mellon University.
Seacord started programming professionally for IBM in 1982, working in communications and operating system software, processor development, and software engineering. Robert also has worked at the X Consortium, where he developed and maintained code for the Common Desktop Environment and the X Window System.
Seacord is a technical expert for the ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22/WG14 international standardization working group for the C programming language.
Table of Contents
- Lesson 1: Integer Types
Lesson 2: Integer Conversions
- Learning Objectives 00:00:47
- Conversion rank, promotions, and the usual arithmetic conversions 00:13:44
- Conversions to unsigned types 00:08:05
- Conversions to signed types 00:07:29
- Summary 00:01:00
- Lesson 3: Integer Operations
Lesson 4: Characters, Arrays, and Strings
- Learning Objectives 00:00:48
- Sizing arrays 00:06:35
- String literals and their use as array initializers 00:03:22
- Character types and what they are used for 00:08:25
- Summary 00:01:21
- Lesson 5: String Handling
- Lesson 6: Optimization
- Title: Professional C Programming LiveLessons (Video Training), Part I: Writing Robust, Secure, and Reliable Code
- Release date: June 2012
- Publisher(s): Addison-Wesley Professional
- ISBN: 9780133123364