Develop mobile enterprise applications in a language you already know!
With employees, rather than the IT department, now driving the decision of which devices to use on the job, many companies are scrambling to integrate enterprise applications. Fortunately, enterprise developers can now create apps for all major mobile devices using C#/.NET and Mono, languages most already know. A team of authors draws on their vast experiences to teach you how to create cross-platform mobile applications, while delivering the same functionality to PC's, laptops and the web from a single technology platform and code-base. Rather than reinventing the wheel with each app, this book provides you with the tools you need for cross-platform development--no new languages needed!
Presents an overview of the sea change occurring with the use of enterprise mobile applications and what it means for developers
Shares the criteria for evaluating and selecting the best option for application architecture
Reviews tools and techniques for setting up a cross-platform development environment
Offers an introduction to the MonoCross open-source project and pattern for cross-platform development
Packed with specific software design patterns, development best practices, code examples and sample applications, this must-have book gets you started developing cross-platform mobile apps today.
Table of Contents
- Part I: Mobile Development Overview
Part II: Developing Cross-Platform Applications
- Chapter 3: Setting Up Your Development Environment
- Chapter 4: The MonoCross Pattern
- Chapter 5: Building Shared Applications
- Chapter 6: Building MonoCross Containers
- Chapter 7: Designing and Building Data Services
- Chapter 8: Consuming Data Services
- Chapter 9: Accessing the Device
- Chapter 10: Using MonoCross Utilities
- Chapter 11: Hybrid Applications
- Chapter 12: Bringing Applications to the Enterprise
- Title: Professional Cross-Platform Mobile Development in C#
- Release date: February 2012
- Publisher(s): Wrox
- ISBN: 9781118239421