Connecting to CouchDB Using Nano
WHAT’S IN THIS CHAPTER?
- Creating a CouchDB database
- Creating and updating a CouchDB view
- Inserting or updating a document
- Querying a view and presenting the results
- Attaching binary files to documents
In the last few years, a series of projects has tried to solve some relational database problems by providing a different approach to database management systems design. This movement has been named NoSQL. Not only does it reject a query language, it also rejects the relational model and, in most cases, simplifies that model and relaxes some of its assumptions.