Developing Embedded Database Applications
WHAT’S IN THIS CHAPTER?
- Introducing SQL Server Compact
- Exploring text file data storage and XML data serialization
- Understanding SQL Server Compact development and device requirements
- Using a remote SQL Server database in an application
- Using a SQL Server Compact database in an application
For Microsoft Windows Embedded Compact 7 devices, Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 provides an efficient database capability with which applications can store and retrieve data. This chapter provides an introduction to SQL Server Compact for data manipulation on a Compact 7 device. As a lead-in, text file and XML data storage are covered. Access to a SQL Server from a Compact 7 device is also covered.